Sunday, September 25, 2011

God's Weekend Plans

Dear Readers,
Just to warn you that I've never been good at this. Keeping a journal of any kind. In my old journals I have entries next to each other that are chronologically several months apart. But I've been inspired and just want to give a try. Blogs are really fascinating. They tell you so much about people. Is she an optimist? What is important to him? They are subjective yet informative. They can be categorized or very general. So why have I decided to write a blog? I want you, the reader, to know my heart. If you're reading then you've made some connection with me. You may have met me or you may have just run across my blog and something caught your eye. Either way we have a connection. So in light of that connection I want to offer you a piece of me. A piece of my heart. So here goes.

This past weekend my dear friend, Leigh, and I visited another dear friend in Akron, Ohio this weekend. Cassie is attending school at the University of Akron in pursuit of her masters degree in music performance. God blessed her with a beautiful talent for the flute and other various instruments. It was a last minute trip for me, and I am so grateful that my plans changed and I had the opportunity to see her. It was so clearly orchestrated by God. My friend Leigh wasn't to find anybody available to go with her. My plans for the weekend fell through early in the week, and I had forgotten that Leigh was planning to go to Ohio. On Friday, seeking something to do on Saturday night, I asked what she was up to the next day. She replied, "I'm visiting Cassie." And it dawned on both of us that I was free the whole weekend. I'm so thankful I was. We had a wonderful weekend with her. We also spent time with Cassie's friend from school. We even studied the Word with her. It was such a blessing. It was so clear to me that this was how God had intended for me to spend my weekend all along. The love I have for my spiritual sisters has grown, and I have met a new friend to love as well.

Lately, I've seen God's orchestration in my life so vividly lately that it is almost overwhelming. How could God even have time for the little details of my life to be worked into His big plan? He's God, that's how! I have truly been in a state of pure amazement lately at God's glory. It is a perspective that I want to hold onto for as long as possible. I can never forget how God has worked in my life in such a way that a veil has been taken off from my face and allowed me to see a new day filled with His promised. That is all for now.
With love,
Mandy


Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.
2 Peter 1:2-3

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how well everything worked out that weekend :)

    ReplyDelete